If you are currently already your own boss, or you are thinking about going self-employed, you should be interested in the things Scott Gerber says about working for yourself.
There are plenty of people in this world who have lots to say on the subject of working for yourself and I happen to like Scott Gerber.
He is the founder of Young Entrepreneur Council and is recognized as the most syndicated columnist on entrepreneurial affairs.
But don’t think he is just for the youngster starting their own business.
He is clear and precise and he makes sense whatever your age, if you are considering or already are working for yourself.
1. You’re Not Invincible
Gerber says the number one rule of working for yourself is to keep your ego in check.
It doesn’t matter what you did before starting your own business.
The market doesn’t care about your graduate qualification.
You’re a newbie and you need to be willing to leave your ego at the door and learn as if you just left college.
Look at some of the best businesspeople in the world.
They don’t enter new industries with all the arrogance that a rich lifestyle brings.
They humble themselves and start taking notes.
Furthermore, they aren’t always successful.
Becoming a successful businessperson isn’t genetic, it’s learned.
- 7 Things You Should Never Say about Yourself ...
- 9 Things Not to Say to a Single Woman ...
- 9 Things You Need to Know if You Want to Work for Yourself ...
- The Ultimate List 📝 to Help You save Money 💰 ...
- 7 Things to Say to Yourself for Women Who Need Encouragement 😉👍🏼 ...
- Work Skills 20 SMTHs Need to Have Successful Careers when They're 30 SMTHs💻📋📊 ...