Money talk can cast a dark cloud over your relationship, but fortunately, there are #effective ways to bring up finances with your partner. Ignoring financial discussions might keep temporary peace in your #relationship. But if serious money issues exist, refusing to acknowledge the elephant in the room opens the door to long-term problems. Don’t hide from financial discussions. Here are seven simple ways to bring up finances with your partner.
1. Choose an Appropriate Time
If you talk about sensitive money issues in front of friends or family members, this might put your partner on the defense. There are plenty of places and ways to bring up finances with your partner, but this isn’t one of them. Not only will this approach embarrass your #partner, but it’ll likely trigger an argument. Wait until you’re alone, and then talk money.
- 23 Useful Infographics to Help Your Career ... 2953
- 7 Reasons to Be Frugal Even when You're Better off ... 1365
- 7 Financial Resolutions for Life, Not Just for a New Year ... 1241
- 7 Way to Cope without Retail Therapy when You're Feeling down ... 1213
- 7 Money Resolutions Every Couple Should Make ... 891