Living paycheck to paycheck is so hard. I've done it for a very, very long time and just this year, I've gotten a handle of my expenses. If you are living paycheck to paycheck, you'll totally relate to the below! Trust me. The struggle is real.
Table of contents:
- 1. Oops, Can't Buy That, Too Expensive
- 2. When You Create a Spreadsheet of Your Bills
- 3. You Try to Budget
- 4. You Scrutinize Every Penny
- 5. Your Hair Sometimes Looks Faded …
- 6. Sometimes, You Have to Buy the Cheapest Makeup
- 7. You Get Real, Real Inventive with Home Décor
- 8. Vacations Consist of a Road Trip Somewhere
- 9. You Pay off One Credit Card at a Time
- 10. You Get Real Excited for Payday
- 11. You Love, Love Tax Time
- 12. You Get Really Inventive with Your Food Too
- 13. You Have to Limit the Times You Get Takeout
- 14. You've Already Canceled Cable – and Live off of Netflix
- 15. New Clothes? Luxury
- 16. When a Baby Shower or Wedding Shower Rolls around?
- 17. You Work to Live, Not Live to Work
1 Oops, Can't Buy That, Too Expensive
Happens all the effing time.
2 When You Create a Spreadsheet of Your Bills
… and almost die because of how many there are.
3 You Try to Budget
But everything is so damn expensive.
4 You Scrutinize Every Penny
Because, you want to make sure you aren't choosing between gas and food for the week.
5 Your Hair Sometimes Looks Faded …
Because dye is expensive and getting it done professionally? Eff that. WAY too expensive.
6 Sometimes, You Have to Buy the Cheapest Makeup
But you work it no matter what!
7 You Get Real, Real Inventive with Home Décor
You have to, have the time, you can't afford anything.
8 Vacations Consist of a Road Trip Somewhere
Which isn't a bad thing.
9 You Pay off One Credit Card at a Time
The rest of the cards, you pay the minimum.
10 You Get Real Excited for Payday
11 You Love, Love Tax Time
Unless you are a freelancer, than you HATE tax time.
12 You Get Really Inventive with Your Food Too
Well, you try not to waste any food and you try to use all of your leftovers.
13 You Have to Limit the Times You Get Takeout
So, you get what you want when it is takeout day. Pizza? Hell no, Outback.
14 You've Already Canceled Cable – and Live off of Netflix
You gotta do what you gotta do.
15 New Clothes? Luxury
Seriously. A luxury.
16 When a Baby Shower or Wedding Shower Rolls around?
You have to save up – or really think about using your credit card.
17 You Work to Live, Not Live to Work
Most days, you are just really working to support yourself, not loving what you are doing.
Please rate this article